WHO WE ARE
WHERE WE’VE COME FROM
Transforming healthcare since 2005
Why the Pool?
My family has grown from two to five in the past few years, and as part of the Pool, we have found the coverage to be very good. Whether it’s the network of doctors, the preventive care services or the reasonable plan cost, we have had nothing but good experiences.
Mike Hagerty – Kent ISD
Who’s in the Pool?
How we operate
The Pool is a member-focused organization, and our members are at the heart of every decision we make.
- Self-funded medical and prescription drug coverage
- Single, two-person, and family rates
- Basic life, long-term disability, and vision insurance coverage
- Utilize Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Priority Health
- Initial funding rate is based on plan design, geographic area, census data, and prior experience
- Risk is spread across the membership at renewal
- Stop loss insurance purchased to protect the Pool from catastrophic claims
- Members are not responsible for individual claims
- Transparency through clear reporting
Each member’s rates reflect all aspects of the Pool’s operating costs, including claims, administration, consultation, stop loss protection, and all State and Federal taxes/fees.