WHO WE ARE
WHERE WE’VE COME FROM
Transforming healthcare since 2005
Why the Pool?
The Pool has been everything I could want for my family and for our district employees. As a user who has personally experienced the need for major medical coverage, the Pool was there whenever I needed assistance. As an employer, the transparency, the data provided, overall cost, and plan options have been exceptional. The Pool continues to provide us with opportunities to assist our employees and to better understand our health care related organizational needs. Our goal is to provide excellent health care options while keeping dollars in our employees’ pockets. The Pool continues to deliver on both of these.
Mr. Kelly Powers – Muskegon ISD
Who’s in the Pool?
How we operate
The Pool is a member-focused organization, and our members are at the heart of every decision we make.
- Self-funded medical and prescription drug coverage
- Single, two-person, and family rates
- Basic life, long-term disability, and vision insurance coverage
- Utilize Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Priority Health
- Initial funding rate is based on plan design, geographic area, census data, and prior experience
- Risk is spread across the membership at renewal
- Stop loss insurance purchased to protect the Pool from catastrophic claims
- Members are not responsible for individual claims
- Transparency through clear reporting
Each member’s rates reflect all aspects of the Pool’s operating costs, including claims, administration, consultation, stop loss protection, and all State and Federal taxes/fees.